The ECPMF’s Journalists-in-Residence programme is designed to host journalists from across geographical Europe who face harrassment and intimidation in their home country. It provides a temporary refuge, a safe place to rest and to continue ones work and — if so desired by those being hosted — a platform to highlight threats to media freedom back home.
The ECPMF has just released a new call for applications for journalists based in the EU28 and candidate countries.
Key info at a glance:
- Eligible to apply are journalists living in an EU28 or candidate country
- Two timeslots to choose from: February to July 2018, or August 2018 to January 2019
- The ECPMF provides a rent-free, furnished apartment in Leipzig, Germany and a monthly grant of 1,000 EUR
- Costs are covered for travel to and from Leipzig, as well as for health insurance
- Command of either English, French or German required (at least on B2 level)
All the details, an FAQ sheet and the application form are available here: https://ecpmf.eu/get-help/journalists-in-residence . Sophie Albers Ben Chamo, the ECPMF’s press and communications officer, is happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org