- This event has passed.
A journalist killed: The pursuit of justice for Daphne Caruana Galizia, six months on
April 16 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Please join the Right Honourable Tom Brake MP on Monday, 16th April from 6 to 7 pm in Committee Room 17 of the House of Commons for:
A journalist killed:
The pursuit of justice for Daphne Caruana Galizia, six months on
- Paul Caruana Galizia, son of Daphne Caruana Galizia
- Rebecca Vincent, UK Bureau Director for Reporters Without Borders
- Maggie Murphy, Senior Global Advocacy Manager for Transparency International
- Moderated by Tom Brake MP
On 16th October 2017, Maltese journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia was tragically murdered by a car bomb. Caruana Galizia was a courageous investigative journalist whose reporting exposed corruption in Malta and throughout Europe.
Six months on, as the investigation continues, there are more questions than answers, making it clear that full justice for Caruana Galizia’s murder is needed, as well as steps to ensure the protection of journalists everywhere.
Join us for a discussion on Caruana Galizia’s case, the climate that allowed for her murder, and what it means for the UK and broader Europe.
RSVP to email@example.com no later than 13th April. We expect the event to book to capacity, so RSVPs are essential. Spaces will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reporters Without Borders (RSF)
- ARTICLE 19
- Committee to Protect Journalists
- English PEN
- European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- Index on Censorship
- PEN International
- Transparency International