- This event has passed.
ECPMF fact-finding mission to Macedonia
April 25, 2017 @ 8:00 am - April 28, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
ECPMF, OBCT, SEEMO and EFJ are organising an important fact-finding mission to Skopje, Macedonia.
The EFJ will be represented by its General Secretary Ricardo Gutiérrez.
The mission will focus on the recent attacks/violence against journalists, which are, to our knowledge, often not investigated.
There will be a press meeting to release a first statement on Friday, 28th, at 10am.
- IREX Media Sustainability Report (2017) on Macedonia: https://www.irex.org/sites/default/files/pdf/media-sustainability-index-europe-eurasia-2017-full.pdf (p. 63-76)
- FreedomHouse Report (2016) (https://freedomhouse.org/country/macedonia).
- CPJ article: https://cpj.org/blog/2017/04/in-macedonia-anti-press-rhetoric-leaves-journalist.php#more
- The 9 alerts on Macedonia submitted to the CoE Platform for the Protection of Journalism and the Safety of Journalists;
- The news on Macedonia on the EFJ website