Application are now open for the Migration Media Award which supports journalist excellence on migration in the Euro-Mediterranean region!
Journalists or media organisations based in the European Union or EU South Partner Country are eligible to submit their published work along side with a proposal for a further production. The work should be related to migration or to cover events in either Mediterranean region or one of Mediterranean countries. The evaluation will take place in three languages (English, French and Arabic) and in four categories (TV, radio, print and online).
Media plays an important role in shaping public perception of the world around them. The objective is to reward outstanding pieces of journalistic work on migration-related challenges, when media coverage of migration took a negative turn these last few years.
The following are the main criteria for interested journalists to consider:
- The already published story must have been published between 1 April 2016 and 31 March 2017.
- The content of the entry must be related to migration in the Euro-Mediterranean region; the Migration Media Award is limited to the Mediterranean region in terms of its regional scope.
- The entry must have been published in either English, French or Arabic. Submission of published work in other languages must be accompanied by a translation into either English, French or Arabic.
- Evaluation will take place during April / May 2017 and the up to 36 winners will be announced by the end of June / early July.
- The award ceremony will take place on 22 June 2017 in Valletta, Malta.
The deadline for the application is 9 April 2017. More information about the award and the application process are available on the website.