EFJ elected its new Steering Committee for 2019-2022
The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) elected its new Steering Committee on Friday 10 May 2019, during its General Meeting taking place in Tallinn, Estonia.
More than 90 participants including delegates and observers from 49 EFJ member organisations in 36 countries attended the General Meeting to elect the next Steering Committee members and to adopt the EFJ working programme for the next three years (2020-2022).
The EFJ Steering Committee is now composed of 4 women and 5 men:
- Mogens BLICHER BJERREGÅRD, DJ, Denmark (President)
- Marta BARCENILLA, FSC-CCOO, Spain (Vice-President)
- Marijana CAMOVIC, TUMM, Montenegro
- Anna DEL FREO, FNSI, Italy
- Yannis KOTSIFOS, ESIEMTH, Greece
- Mustafa KULELI, TGS, Turkey
- Joachim KREIBICH, dju.in verdi, Germany
- Martine SIMONIS, AJP, Belgium (Honorary Treasurer)
- Sergiy TOMILENKO, NUJU, Ukraine
- Andrea ROTH, DJV, Germany
- Sofia BRANCO, SinJor, Portugal
- Juha REKOLA, UJF, Finland
- John BARSBY, NUJ, United Kingdom
Credit photo: EFJ/CP.