- This event has passed.
workshop on collective bargaining and self-employed and atypical workers (ETUC)
February 14, 2018
Introduction to the seminar.
Collective bargaining for self-employed workers in The Netherlands: Heather Kurzbauer (FNV), Maurice Limmen (President of CNV), Caspar de Kiefte
First results of the research on the mapping of the existing legislation at EU level regulating the conditions and protection of the rights of these categories.
Valerio de Stefano (KU Leuven) and Nicola Countouris (University College London).
National best cases
• Collective bargaining for self-employed workers in Italy (Luca Barilà, CISL)
• Collective bargaining for freelance journalists in Sweden and Denmark (Natacha Lopez Balbontin, SJF)
• Spain case of collective bargaining for TRADE workers (dependent selfemployed) (Antonia Ramos, UGT).
• The passing of the Irish Competition Amendment Act 2017 (Karan O’Loughlin, SIPTU)
Potential Future Action
• ILO: Presentation of the Committee on freedom of association. Karen Curtis (ILO).
• The work and views of the European Committee of social rights on collective bargaining for self-employed and atypical workers (Mr Marcin Wujczyk,
member of the ECSR)
• Europe: the opportunities of the Social protection and Working Statement directives. Towards a renewed strategy of the ETUC?
Departure of Participants