The XI Annual International Media-Forum of young journalists of Eurasia «Dialogue of Cultures» will gather over 200 young journalists and student journalists from different regions of Russia and their colleagues from Eurasian and European countries in St Petersburg, in Russia. The Forum will be held in the Hermitage Theatre of the State Hermitage Museum, from 22 to 23 November 2016.
The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) joined Mediacongress and the Russian Union of Journalists (RUJ) as partners of the XI International Media-Forum for young journalists from Eurasia «Dialogue of Cultures», in Saint-Petersburg, on 22nd and 23rd November 2016. An important aim of this event is to offer networking opportunities and foster debate among up to 200 young journalists and student journalists from all over Europe.
We are pleased to invite the young affiliates of the EFJ member unions and associations (18 to 35 years old) to the event. Participants will have to cover their travel and accommodation (at fair rate). Transfers and activities will be covered by the Media-Forum (no participation fee for the EFJ affiliates).
200 young Russian and European journalists will gather in the Hermitage Theatre of the State Hermitage Museum on 22-23 November. They will have the opportunity to participate to several events:
- an international conference on the challenges of digital media, ethical journalism in context of crisis, and dialogue between cultures and confessions;
- presentations of cross-border media projects;
- a festival of documentary films «The way I live» (participants will present documentaries on the theme of identity);
- an international photo exhibition «The way I live» (presenting in the Hermitage Museum a selection of pictures proposed by the participants).
- Flights: check out the most convenient options on www.jetcost.com (participants will be responsible for their own international travel expenses).
- Visa: the Media-Forum will provide asistance for the visa procedures (visa charges are at the participant’s expense).
- Arrivals on Monday 21st November (Media Congress will welcome the participants at the airport and at the station); departures on Thursday 24 November
- Accommodation at Hotel Oktyabrskaya: http://www.oktober-hotel.spb.ru/oktober.nsf/ (special rate, including breakfast and dinner: 128 EUR for 3 nights in a single room).
- All transfers from and to the station or the airport, and transfers within the city will be organised by Media-Forum.
- For any additionnal information, please contact Ashot Dzhazoyan, chairman of Mediacongress, 119021, Moscow, Zubovskiy boulevard 4, 443, tel: + 7 495 637-52-91; +7 495 637-48-91; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media-Forum admission is free of charge and we very much hope that your young affiliates are interested to participate. For registration to the event, please send an email to Ashot Dzhazoyan, email@example.com until 28 October. You will receive a confirmation within a few days of your registration, together with other practical information. If we receive more applications than there is conference capacity, we may have to limit participation.
Do not hesitate to share this invitation with your members.
We very much look forward seeing you this November in Saint-Petersburg!
Mediacongress “The commonwealth of journalists council”
Russian Union of Journalists
European Federation of Journalists