Jobs and Opportunities
FULL-TIME POSITION / Administrative Assistant
The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant to join a diverse team of seven staff based in the EU quarter in Brussels to start as soon as possible.
The EFJ is the largest journalists’ organisation in Europe representing 73 national journalists’ organisations in 45 countries. We are recognised by the European Union and the Council of Europe as the representative voice of journalists in Europe.
The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the General Secretary, but he/she is required to work closely with all staff members.
Your daily tasks will involve:
- Provide administrative assistance to the General Secretary;
- Organise meetings (e.g. expert groups and Steering Committee meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.)
- Manage accommodation and travel bookings for the office and project events;
- Provide administrative support to organise events i.e. dealing with logistics, negotiating with hotels and contracts as well as coordinating with the hosting organisation;
- Deal with other day-to-day administrative work;
- Liaise with the project officers on projects financial matters such as handling expense reports and invoices following the European Commission and donor’s rules;
- Liaise with the project officers to keep track of travels and conference budgets;
- Filling of contracts, invoices and other documents.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of project management
- Fluent in English and French is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PPT, additional knowledge on accounting systems is appreciated);
- Capacity of understanding of European Commission financial Communications rules;
- Organised and structured;
- Team-oriented/people-oriented, proactive and able to be hands on and provide an active support to colleagues;
- Able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and exhibit self-motivation (“self-starter”)
- Experience of working in trade unions or association, NGOs, particularly membership-based organisations;
- Experience of working with EU funded projects;
What we offer:
- Long-term contract
- Remuneration in line with the sector standards (CP200)
- Lunch voucher, 13th month, holiday pay, phone & computer allowance, pension scheme
- Flexible arrangement regarding remote work/physical presence in the office
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, age, and sexual orientation and identity.
Please send your CV and a one-page motivation letter with two reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday, 31 January 2022. Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis and interviews may be held before. Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
INTERNSHIP / Advocacy and Communications
Europe’s largest journalists’ organisation is looking for an intern to join the advocacy and communications team!
The internship is open for a period of 3 to 6 months starting on 3 April 2023.
The internship is part of a university or graduate coursework. You must have student status during the internship. An internship agreement from your school should normally be provided.
The works involved will demand the candidate to have the following skills:
- Communications skills: good written skills and good knowledge of social media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Organisational skills: rigorous, effective communication, proactivity
- Knowledge of EU institutions and legislative processes
- Knowledge or experience in journalism
- Fluent in English and/or French. German or any other EU language will be considered a valuable asset
Your daily task will involve :
- Monitoring EU policy and providing assistance in lobbying activities
- Assisting with the drafting of press releases, newsletters or content for the website
- Managing social media
- Translating short news items for the website
What we offer :
- A lump-sum monthly allowance of 500 EUR + coverage of public transport expenses
- 2 days of teleworking per week
- Good and positive working environment in Brussels with motivated colleagues
- Working in a multinational and cultural environment
We are a multinational team based in the centre of the European institutions at the Residence Palace in Brussels. If you think you are ready to take on the challenge and the work, please send an email to email@example.com including your CV and cover letter, stating the period you are available.