(Full-time, with possibility for permanent contract)
The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) is looking for a full-time Project Officer to join a small diverse team of five staff based in Brussels.
The Project Officer shall cover the following areas of work:
- Manage EFJ projects in Western Balkans and Turkey with a main focus on EU-reporting requirements (narrative and financial reports) for the several ongoing projects;
- Liaise with donor organisations and partners for new projects;
- Represent the EFJ at international conferences;
- Deal with administrative and communication work related to projects.
- Knowledge of project management;
- Knowledge of EU and international relations;
- Fluent in English and French;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PPT, additional knowledge on website maintenance is appreciated);
- Experience of working in NGOs, particularly membership-based organisations;
- Experience of working with EU funded projects.
- This is a full-time position with possibility for permanent contract;
- Remuneration will depend on experience;
- Candidates should be available to start on 01 April 2019;
- Deadline for applications: 3 March 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your CV and a one-page motivation letter in English to ricardo.gutierrez(at)ifj(dot)org (all applications will be treated confidentially).
The EFJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Administrative and Project Assistant
(Full-time, 4 months temporary contract)
We are looking for a temporary (4 months and full time) Administrative and Project Assistant to join a small but diverse team of five staff based in the EU quarter in Brussels.
The EFJ is the largest journalists organisation in Europe representing over 70 national journalists’ organisations in over 44 countries. We are recognised by the European Union and the Council of Europe as the representative voice of journalists in Europe.
For more information about this position, please download the job description.
The deadline for application is Monday, 12 November. Please send your CV and a one-page motivation letter to two reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Europe’s largest journalists’ organisation is looking for an intern!
The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) is regularly looking for an intern to work at its headquarter based in Brussels. The internship is open a period of 2 to 4 months depending on the availability of the candidates. The internship is part of university or graduate coursework. You shall have a student status during the internship and an internship agreement from your school shall normally be provided.
The works involved will demand the candidate to have the following skills:
- Communications skills – fluent in English and/or in French. German or any other EU language will be considered as valuable assets. The EFJ is particularly encouraging German speaking candidates to apply for the position.
- Organizational skills – experience in organising event, conference or membership services
- Knowledge or experience of journalism and EU institutions
- Being flexible, independent and pro-active
- IT skills – knowledge of CMS, blogging, social media monitoring are appreciated
Your daily task will involve :
- Assisting drafting of press releases or content for the website
- Translating short news items for the website, assisting in managing content online and on social media
- Assisting in organising international events (booking flights, accommodation, rooms for participants)
- Monitoring EU policy and providing assistance in lobbying activities
What we offer :
- A lump-sum monthly allowance of 500 EUR
- Experience in project management at European and international levels
- Knowledge in online content management and public relations activities
- Learning about the situation of press freedom and labour rights in Europe
- Good and positive working environment in Brussels with motivated colleagues
- Working in a multinational environment and with many different languages
We are a small multinational team based in the centre of the European institutions at the Residence Palace in Schuman. If you are think you are ready to take on the challenge and the work, please send a covering letter and your CV by using our contact page (copy paste cover and cv as plain text, no attachment).