Europe’s largest journalists’ organisation is looking for an intern as of September 2019!
The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) is regularly looking for an intern to work at its headquarter based in Brussels. The internship is open a period of 2 to 4 months depending on the availability of the candidates. The internship is part of university or graduate coursework. You shall have a student status during the internship and an internship agreement from your school shall normally be provided.
The works involved will demand the candidate to have the following skills:
- Communications skills – fluent in English and/or in French. German or any other EU language will be considered as valuable assets. The EFJ is particularly encouraging German speaking candidates to apply for the position.
- Organizational skills – experience in organising event, conference or membership services
- Knowledge or experience of journalism and EU institutions
- Being flexible, independent and pro-active
- IT skills – knowledge of CMS, blogging, social media monitoring are appreciated
Your daily task will involve :
- Assisting drafting of press releases or content for the website
- Translating short news items for the website, assisting in managing content online and on social media
- Assisting in organising international events (booking flights, accommodation, rooms for participants)
- Monitoring EU policy and providing assistance in lobbying activities
What we offer :
- A lump-sum monthly allowance of 500 EUR
- Experience in project management at European and international levels
- Knowledge in online content management and public relations activities
- Learning about the situation of press freedom and labour rights in Europe
- Good and positive working environment in Brussels with motivated colleagues
- Working in a multinational environment and with many different languages
We are a small multinational team based in the centre of the European institutions at the Residence Palace in Schuman. If you are think you are ready to take on the challenge and the work, please send a covering letter and your CV by using our contact page (copy paste cover and cv as plain text, no attachment).