Next Call for Applications for the Local Cross-Border Journalism Grant Programme
Is there a story in your local town, somewhere in Europe, that you think is worth sharing with the rest of the world? If the answer is yes, but you lack resources, we may have the solution for you: a grant to support local investigative journalists and/or local news media outlets from several European countries who want to do investigative reporting at the local level in resonance with the European level.
- Why local? In every nook and cranny of the world, there are many stories waiting to be told. This grant programme aims to tackle the shortage of local journalists and media deserts by providing grants to quality journalistic projects.
- Why cross-border? Local news attracts local audiences, but local news in collaboration with other European journalists reaches a wider audience and puts national issues into perspective.
- Why investigative reporting? Investigation is time-consuming and expensive and therefore not always a priority for local media. However, investigative journalism helps to strengthen citizens’ trust in the media and contributes to the democratic life of cities and regions.
The grant can cover working time and expenses such as logistics, travel, insurance, legal support, advice on risk management and security issues. In addition to financial support, teams can also apply for mentoring from an experienced professional journalist, either to help with the content of your story or to develop skills in a specific area.
This programme is financially co-supported by the European Commission (Creative Europe) and Adessium Foundation (The Netherlands) and coordinated by Journalismfund.eu (Belgium), Transitions (Czech Republic), SSE Riga Centre for Media Studies (Latvia) and the European Federation of Journalists (Belgium).
To apply or to find out more about the eligibility and evaluation criteria, the timetable, jury process, and the conditions of the grant, please visit: https://crossborderlocal.eu/en.
There will be more calls for applications:
- 1st Call until 7 July 2022 (closed)
- 2nd Call until 8 September 2022 (closed)
- 3rd Call until 10 November 2022 (closed)
- 4th Call until 12 January 2023 (closed)
- 5th Call until 16 March 2023 – (closed)
- 6th Call until 25 May 2023 – set up your pre-application meeting