- This event has passed.
EFBWW congress side event
November 25, 2015 @ 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
“Building Bridges for migrant workers’ rights – How can Media, Trade Unions and Civil Society work together?”
The European Federation of Building and Woodworkers (EFBWW), the European Trade Union Institute (ETUI), the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ), Solidar, the platform for International Cooperation and Undocumented Migrants (PICUM) are pleased to welcome you to the discussion focussing on the question how journalists, NGOs and trade unions can mutually strengthen each other to protect migrant workers’ rights.
The debate will focus on practical and best-practice experiences.
We do hope that you will be able to engage in what promises to be a lively discussion!
At the event we will organise a highly interactive debate between workers, experts and NGOs.
• Willy De Backer, ETUI Head Communication & Publications;
• Mogens Blicher Bjerregard, Predident of the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ);
• Conny Reuter, General Secretary Solidar;
• Representative, the Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (PICUM);
• Ronny Matthysen, Belgian trade union ACV BIE;
• Mercedes Landolfi, Italian trade union FILEA CGIL
- Moderator: Werner Buelen, EFBWW Political secretary Building
- Conclusion: Dietmar Schäfers, Chair, EFBWW Standing Committee Building
EFBWW Standing Committee Building