We remember Daphne Caruana Galizia
Maltese journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia would have been 54 today. On 16 October 2017, she died in a car bomb attack close to her home.
The investigation into Daphne Caruana Galizia’s murder has resulted only in the arrests of a few suspects, and no apparent attempt to identify the masterminds behind this assassination.
Today the European Federation of Journalists remembers and honours her for being supremely brave and great inspiration for us all.
Join our action! Write your message on the birthday card (below) and upload it on social media (Twitter, Facebook…). This evening, we’ll place all the cards at Daphne’s memorial space in Valletta, together with flowers and candles.
More about Daphne Caruana Galizia, on the EFJ website:
- Remembering Daphne Caruana Galizia in Amsterdam, Brussels, Berlin, Dresden, Edinburgh, London, Valetta and Washington DC
- Open letter to diplomats in Malta regarding Daphne’s murder investigation
- Malta: journalists’ basic protection deteriorates
- Matthew Caruana Galizia’s speech at Free European Media
- Council of Europe: 114 MPs demand further investigation of Daphne Caruana Galizia case
- Daphne Caruana Galizia’s assassination: Demand for Close International Scrutiny
- EFJ and Partner Organisations Urge Close International Scrutiny over Daphne Caruana Galizia’s Murder
- Who are the masterminds behind Daphne Caruana Galizia’s murder?
- EFJ and IFJ condemn murder of Maltese journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia
- Malta: Libel suits and warrants against Daphne Caruana Galizia