MFRR publishes new report: “Controlling the Message: Challenges for independent reporting in Greece”
On 28 March 2022, the Media Freedom Rapid Response will publish the report of its online fact-finding mission to Greece that took place in December.
Under the title ‘Controlling the Message: Challenges for independent reporting in Greece’, the report reflects the mission’s findings and recommendations on:
- The assassination of Giorgos Karaivaz;
- Polarisation of a fragmented media landscape;
- Reporting on migration;
- Reporting on protests; and,
- Legal threats.
The report will be launched with an online panel on 28 March at 2pm CEST (=3pm EEST) with:
- Laurens Hueting, Senior Advocacy Officer of the European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF)
- Iliana Papangeli, Managing Director of Solomon
- Renate Schroeder, Director of the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- Nikos Smyrnaios, Associate Professor at the University of Toulouse
- Anne ter Rele, Advocacy Officer at the International Press Institute
Please register for the event here
The report will be made available on mfrr.eu and the websites of the MFRR partner organisations at the time of the launch event.
For interview requests and media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
This statement was coordinated by the Media Freedom Rapid Response (MFRR), a Europe-wide mechanism which tracks, monitors and responds to violations of press and media freedom in EU Member States and candidate countries. www.mfrr.eu