Launch of the 2023 Annual Report of the Council of Europe’s Safety of Journalists Platform
On Tuesday 7 March 2023 the Council of Europe Platform to Promote the Protection of Journalism and Safety of Journalists, with the participation of partner organisations including the European and International Federations of Journalists (EFJ-IFJ), will launch its report “War in Europe and the Fight for the Right to Report” at the Brussels Press Club in Belgium. The annual report highlights key areas of law, policy and practices affecting media freedom and safety of journalists in Europe and identifies actions required to improve effective protection of journalists.
With the participation of:
- Sarah Clarke, Head of the Europe and Central Asia team, Article 19
- Nicola Frank, Head of Institutional and International Relations, European Broadcasting Union
- Flutura Kusari, Senior Legal Advisor, European Centre for Press and Media Freedom
- Oliver Money-Kyrle, Head of Europe Advocacy and Programmes, International Press Institute
- Maria Ordzhonikidze, Director, Justice for Journalists Foundation
- Ernest Sagaga, Head of Human Rights and Safety, International Federation of Journalists
- Nik Williams, Policy & Campaigns Officer, Index on Censorship
Other partners will take part in the discussion.
Tom Gibson, EU Representative, Committee to Protect Journalists
Join the Press conference in person at the Premises of the Brussels Press Club (Rue Froissart 95, 1040 Brussels), at 10:30 am.
You can also join it online via Zoom, at 10:30 am: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82777030540?pwd=ZmViYnZiY0ZTR3ZiUE1vYmhTdFhSQT09
Or watch it live on YouTube: Safety of Journalists Platform – Council of Europe – YouTube