How can media and journalists help to counter hate? Take part in the Media against Hate video contest!
- To be eligible, you must be resident in a EU member state, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
- Register here by January 15th, 2017. You will receive a DropBox link where you can upload your video until February 15th, 2017.
- Submit a video (minimum one minute and maximum 2 minutes) illustrating how media and journalists can play a role in countering hate speech and negative stereotypes.
- The video can be in any language but has to be subtitled in English.
- You can choose any format that will play on YouTube optimised for streaming (MOV, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, WMV, MPEGPS, FLV, 3GPP or WebM).
- The jury will consist of representatives of civil society.
- The authors of the five favourite videos will be invited to participate to the Media against Hate workshops in 2017 and the final conference in March 2018 – where they will meet their jury.
- The selected videos will be made available on the Media against Hate website.