Launch of the 2022 Annual Report of the Council of Europe’s Safety of Journalists Platform
On Wednesday 27 April 2022, the Platform to Promote Protection of Journalism and Safety of Journalists will launch its report “Defending Press Freedom in Times of Tension and Conflict”. The annual report, which is written by the Platform’s Partner Organisations, highlights key areas of law, policy and practices affecting media freedom and safety of journalists in Europe and identifies actions required to improve effective protection of journalists.
With the participation of:
- Sarah Clarke, Head of the Europe and Central Asia team, Article 19
- Nicola Frank, Head of Institutional and International Relations, European Broadcasting Union
- Ricardo Gutiérrez, General Secretary, European Federation of Journalists
- Flutura Kusari, Senior Legal Advisor, European Centre for Press and Media Freedom
- Oliver Money-Kyrle, Head of Europe Advocacy and Programmes, International Press Institute
- Jessica Ní Mhainín, Policy & Campaigns Manager, Index on Censorship
- Maria Ordzhonikidze, Director, Justice for Journalists
- Ernest Sagaga, Head of Human Rights and Safety, International Federation of Journalists
Tom Gibson, EU Representative, Committee to Protect Journalists
Join the Press conference in person at the Premises of the Brussels Press Club (Rue Froissart 95, 1040 Brussels).
You can also join it online via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81709511227?pwd=MUNBOEkrL2RyclhkdWkreGRTcHMxZz09
Or watch it live on YouTube: Safety of Journalists Platform – Council of Europe – YouTube