- This event has passed.
XIII Annual International Media-Forum for young journalists
November 7, 2018 @ 10:00 am - November 9, 2018 @ 6:00 pm
The XIII Annual International Media-Forum for young journalists «Dialogue of Cultures» will be held from 7th to 9th of November in the State Hermitage Museum, Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation.
The event is co-organised by Ashot Dzhazoyan, President of Mediacongress “The Commonwealth of journalists”, and Mikhail Piotrovsky, Director-General of the State Hermitage Museum.
Over 400 young journalists (up to the age of 35) are expected to join the event. Mediacongress is pleased to invite young journalists from EFJ member organisations in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Greece, Hungary, Island, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey to meet their Russian colleagues in Saint-Petersburg.
- Flights: check out the most convenient options on www.jetcost.com or any other platform (participants will be responsible for their own international travel expenses).
- Visa: Media-Forum will provide assistance for the visa procedures (visa charges are at participant’s expense);
- Arrivals on Tuesday 6th November (Mediaсongress will welcome the participants at the airport and at the station); departures on Friday 9th November;
- Accommodation: Hotel Oktyabrskaya: http://www.oktober-hotel.spb.ru/oktober.nsf/ Special rate for the Forum’s participants: 120 EUR for 3 nights in a single room; 80 EUR per person for 3 nights in a double room (rate per night per person, including breakfast: 39 EUR in a single room (+ fixed foreign participant’s tax of 3 EUR); 26 EUR in a double room (+ fixed foreign participant’s tax of 3 EUR). Please note that hotel also serves dinner (buffet) that you could book in advance, one dinner costs 12 EUR.
- Transfers: all transfers from and to the station or the airport, and transfers within the city will be organized by Media-Forum.
- Registration: please send back a completed application form (see below) to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com (deadline for submitting is 24th September).
- Additional information: please contact Mediacongress directly: Tel: + 7 495 637-52-91; +7 495 637-48-91; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
November 6th, 2018 – arrival of the participants
November 7th, 2018
- 10:00 – 11:00 Registration of the Forum’s participants, Dvortsovaya embankement, The Hermitage Theatre
- 11:00 – 12:00 The Opening Ceremony of the ХIII International Media-Forum of young journalists «Dialogue of Cultures»
- 12:00–12:30 Media Perfomance «The same for everyone. Hermitage here and now»
- 12:30 – 14:00 FIRST SESSION, Theme: «The dialogue of cultures and the culture of dialogue. Digital-platforms — new opportunities or barriers for communication?», Dvortsovaya embankement, The Hermitage Theatre
- 14:00–15:00 Coffee beak
- 15:00 – 16:00 SECOND SESSION, Themе: «The dialogue of cultures in the media space of Eurasia», Dvortsovaya embankement, The Hermitage Theatre
- 16:00 – 17:00 Dialogue to be continued, Presentations of documentary films and TV-spots. First part, Dvortsovaya embankement, The Hermitage Theatre
November 8th, 2018
- 11:00 – 12:00 Opening of the International photo exhibition «Here I Live: 200 best works of 35 photocorrespondents of the world», The General Staff Building. Dvortsovaya embankement
- 12:00 – 12:30 Coffee break
- 12:30 – 14:00 THIRD SESSION, Theme: «The dialogue on practice. Cross-border projects as a form of cooperation in the international media space». Presentations of joint multimedia cross-border projects, Dvortsovaya embankemen, The Hermitage Theater
- 15:00 – 16:00 Dialogue to be continued. Presentations of documentary films and TV-spots. Second part, Dvortsovaya embankement, The Hermitage Theatre
- 16:00 – 16:30 Solemn Awarding Ceremony with a sign «For a huge contribution in the dialogue of cultures» on behalf of the Intermtional journalistic community and the State Hermitage Museum
- 16:30 – 17:00 AFTERWORD «Initiation to Hermitage» of the Forum’s participants, Mikhail Piotrovsky, Ashot Dzhazoyan, Dvortsovaya embankement, The Hermitage Theatre
November 9th, 2018
- 09:00 – 18:00 DIALOGUE ON PRACTICE. REPORT, Theme: «The State Hermitage Museum, Saint Petersburg and its surroundings». Participants of the Forum together with the students of the faculty of journalism of Saint-Petersburg State University
Forum work languages: Russian and English
The Conference takes place in the Hermitage Theater.
Address: Saint-Petersburg, The State Hermitage museum, the Dvortsovaya Embankment, 34, Maliy directorsky podezd